Saturday, May 22, 2010

GET ME OUT OF HERE!

This trip to DC can't come soon enough! I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to combust before I even get on that airplane. Life has got me feeling so claustrophobic right now, its like been backed into a corner by all my commitments with work, school, church, family Ugh! There are probably several factors weighing into how unimaginably pissy I am at this very moment. I just need to get away.

(Just let it be known that my life is great. I have a zillion things to be thankful for, but at this moment I'm going to be a brat and set those thoughts all aside so I can complain.)

Work, is just work, its the same thing day in a day out. (Its a good job, and without it I wouldn't be able to get away) It just makes me feel stuck. I hate feeling stuck.

School is taking forever. My friends have been out for months. (However without school I'd have no reason to take this trip in the first place, and I would have no drive for the future.) It just makes me so antsy when I've got friends wanting to hang out with me but I can't because I've still got school.

Church can be a bit consuming. (But then again the happiest moments I have in my week are usually when I'm helping my young women)

Family is stressful. My mom is loosing her mind. I feel like shes constantly on edge. I'm afraid to make any sudden movements or I might just do her in. I don't think we've been this agitated with each other since the summer before I left for college. (Then again I love her and my family)

Its just time to do something new. I'm the type of person who likes to be random and spontaneous. I don't like plans. I just prefer to do what ever comes. That's probably why I'm going crazy right now, its just with all the obligations I've made for myself I feel completely stuck.

I just have to keep telling myself that I am almost there. I've just got two more weeks of work, followed by one week of prepping along with church calling stuff and then I'm free. Free to get my butt out of Utah away from all my current obligations.

I feel a bit ridiculous complaining like this. Mostly because I know how lucky I am, and how much I have to be thankful for, but for this moment I don't want to be mature, responsible or reasonable. (I blame the surplus of hormones flowing through my body that are making me act like a fourteen year old girl again.)

I've just got to get out! PLEASE!! Send me a tornado to whisk me away. I don't want to be in Kansas any more!

1 comment:

  1. great post. i hear ya. i was just talking to my family about the logistics of our trip, and i'm so stoked.

    ReplyDelete