Thursday, March 25, 2010

Every Journey Must Start Somewhere

For me this journey starts in a little town, in a little state out west. I've been taking ASL classes for almost two years now and I've fallen in love with the language as well as the culture. The more I surround myself with Deaf people the more I learn. I think that's the number one reason I've decided to go to Gallaudet University this summer. I can't think of a better place to go to be fully encompassed by the Deaf people, their language and their culture. I'm also very excited to be able to experience Washington DC. This trip is a really big deal for me. I've been pinching pennies for months now trying to save up the money. I've also been trying really hard to focus on my studies so that I can have the best experiences in my classes possible. So this is where is starts, the planning, the preparing, the penny pinching and the practicing, but in a few months it will all be worth it.

1 comment: